HOW LONG IS A SESSION?
- Each regular session (Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall) is 9 weeks.
- Each interim session (June and December) is 2 weeks.
WHAT ARE THE SESSION DATES (CALENDAR 2022)?
- WINTER 2022: January 17 - March 19
- SPRING 2022: April 4-June 11
- SUMMER 2022: July 5-August 29
- FALL 2022: September 19-November 19
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF A CLASS/WORKSHOP?
- Each class is 9 weeks and consists of nine 1-hour-40 minute lessons totaling 15 learning hours per session.
- Each workshop consists of a single 1-hour-40 minute lesson.
WHAT LEVEL SHOULD I TAKE?
- Before registering for a class and IF you have studied French before*, you will be asked to take a placement test that accurately assesses your proficiency, enabling you to be placed at the right level of instruction.
- *If you have never studied French before, BASIC LEVEL 1 will be the right level of instruction for you!
HOW MUCH IS CLASS/WORKSHOP TUITION?
- Classes are offered at a rate of $299 per class (this includes all material and membership fees).
- Workshops are offered at a rate of $40 each.
WHEN CLASSES ARE HELD?
- Classes are held at convenient times throughout the day to accommodate any schedule. We meet from Monday through Saturday from as early as 10 a.m., to as late as 9:30 p.m.
- Please, consult our class schedule for more detailed information.
WHAT IF I CANNOT ATTEND THE ENTIRE SESSION?
- If you are unable to attend all the classes during a regular session, then depending on your needs, we may recommend either taking workshops during the interim sessions or private classes as an alternative.
HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE IN EACH CLASS?
- Class sizes range from a minimum of 5 to a maximum of 10 students.
WHAT IS THE LEARNING APPROACH?
- We have an innovative approach to teaching French that places emphasis on oral skills in a fun, encouraging, and results-oriented environment that encourages students to reduce their inhibitions, build confidence, and improve speaking abilities.
DO I NEED TO PURCHASE MATERIALS?
- No, all teaching materials are included in your registration fee and will be provided on the first day of class. We do, however, recommend bringing a notebook and a pencil to class.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I MISS A CLASS?
- You may take a make-up class of the SAME LEVEL at another time during the same week ONLY IF SEATS ARE AVAILABLE. Making up a class at a different level is not permitted!
- Please notify our office first in order to receive permission to enter a make-up class. Make-up classes may only be taken in the same session (3 make-up classes maximum per session). You may also contact your instructor, who is always at your disposal, to request your assignment for the next class. However, since we are not responsible for student absences, we cannot review each individual personal assignment if you miss a class.
MAY I TRANSFER CLASSES?
- If you think that you have been placed in a class that does not correspond to your needs, do not hesitate to speak to your instructor and submit your transfer request to our staff. No class transfers will be allowed after the second week of classes!
CAN MY CLASS BE CANCELLED?
- Yes, unfortunately, we reserve the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment. A minimum of 5 students is required to offer a particular class. In that case, tuition payments will be refunded in full or a full credit may be applied to the following session.
HOW CAN I ASSESS MY PROGRESS?
- At the conclusion of each level, you will receive a personal and final evaluation with recommendations for the next class to take.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU MAY NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.